Chingford’s century-old memorial to the war dead

The war memorial in Chingford was unveiled soon after the picture above was taken in 1920 at the top of Kings Head Hill to honour the fallen in the great war.

The old Victorian police station that was built in 1887 can be seen on the far right, replacing an earlier lock-up and probably the village stocks before that.

This Is Local London:

A new station was built in 1977.

Visit Chingford Historical Society’s website for more information via this link or visit their Instagram @chingfordhistorical

This Is Local London | News