Your Bromley is the Business Improvement District (BID) for Bromley town centre. It is a business led and business funded scheme to improve Bromley town centre through additional services, new initiatives and aims to promote Bromley to visitors old and new.
The BID has been running for five years and there will be a reballot shortly. Starting this week, for six weeks a member of the BID team will be sharing their experiences over the past five years and explaining why they feel a yes vote from Bromley businesses is important for Bromley.
This week we hear from Andy Bawn, Chair of Your Bromley BID and Manager of The Greyhound.
Say YES to success
Our achievements (over the past five years)
We have delivered great improvements for Bromley Town Centre and our businesses trading here.
None of the initiatives below would be possible without the BID, and without a majority ‘yes’ vote, this will not continue.
• Provided 4,000+ additional policing hours.
• Recovered £30,000+ of stolen stock.
• Launched ‘Loose Change 4 Real Change’ initiative to help tackle homelessness.
• Hosted monthly security meetings.
• Provided DISC security scheme to 336 businesses.
• Five days a week on-the-ground street ambassador presence.
• Reported 1,400 instances of graffiti, abandoned shopping trolleys and much more.
• Delivered the Christmas lights and Christmas tree for five years.
• Planted more than 120 hanging baskets per year.
• Provided more than 20 jet washing sessions.
• Enabled a free recycling service with the First Mile, saving businesses £30,000.
• Removed more than 14,000 square metres of chewing gum off the streets (equivalent of two football pitches).
• Screened over 20 midsummer movies in Queen’s Gardens.
• Delivered The Taste of Bromley food and drink campaigns to help boost footfall, with 100+ businesses.
• Promoted seasonal marketing activity such as Easter and Halloween trails.
• 230,000+ views on yourbromley.com per year.
• 95,000 users to yourbromley.com per year.
• 420,000+ social media impressions of Food Fest campaign.
• 900,000+ social media impressions of Christmas campaign.
• Displayed a number of new street art projects such as the wheelbarrow planting display.
• Delivered town centre events such as the annual Christmas lights switch on, music and dance performances.
Made for Business
• Organised networking events for the office sector – fundraising quizzes and bowling nights.
• Launched yoga and other fitness sessions for employees throughout the summer.
• Monthly digital newsletters and quarterly printed newsletters.
• Written quarterly Chamber of Commerce articles promoting Bromley town centre as a fantastic place to do business.
• Launched a town centre job portal.
Continue your support for Bromley town centre, together at yourbromley.com